Sunday, January 27, 2008

dirty girl











He'd come to work out. I didn't have a clue who he was. To me, he was just another member. He didn't have a pass, he was a v.i.p. but then again, we have a lot of those. He seemed friendly enough, always smiling, never talked much. One day someone said "Do you know who that is?" I said no. They said "Mike Rowe." I said so? Then it was explained to me. I never watched the show. I really didn't want to. I wanted to keep my same impression of him. But now, I'd greet him with "Mike Rowe, how the heck are ya?" I was now on a first name basis. He'd come into the club when he was in town. He has an apartment here in the city. Nobody ever bothered him, except me. When I told my son he worked out here, he about had a heart attack. He said he LOVED his show and could I get an autograph? I told Mike I was a celebrity in my family for knowing him. Then I blushed and said "Well, I don't really know you", and he smiled and said "Sure you do!". I said "My son.." and he said "Wants an autograph right?" and I said yes. He said no problem, when he comes back in town, he'll bring some pictures. Mike Rowe is true to his word. I had to get one for me too. I finally watched his show. There was a Sunday afternoon marathon, to which I watched every single one. Now I see what the hullabaloo is all about. It's a great show. He's really funny. He smiles a lot. He's pretty much true to self. I still have managed to keep my same impression of him.
dirty jobs


0 comments: